Tag Archives: fuel
Transparency: What Is the Easiest Way to Power a Lightbulb

How much energy—whether electric, coal, nuclear, or otherwise—is required for a 100-watt lightbulb to run for a year, 24 hours…

Burning Fuel: The Average Car vs. The Average Human

You might not know it, but that body of yours is quite an efficient machine. Gasoline has a caloric value,…

Follow the Flow

Fossil fuels provided the bulk, nearly 85%, of U.S. energy supply, with nuclear and renewables making up the remaining 15%….

Cornfields vs. Oilfields

With the price of oil soaring to record highs the simple task of driving is starting to make a serious…

Best and Worst Gas Prices by State

Planning on traveling for the summer or the holidays? In the U.S., where you go will affect how expensive a…

Next Page